And he sees a lot of compelling storylines for next year, since a lot has happened this year:
This was an interesting league before.
Now it's a fascinating league.
* The new coaches at Kansas State and Missouri already have battled over a recruit who signed a national letter of intent with both schools but only got his mommy's approval for one of them.
* Oklahoma lost three of Sampson's recruits when the coach left for Indiana, then had to watch as Texas and Texas A&M circled like vultures over one of them.
* Oklahoma State lost its coach.
* A scandal broke at Colorado that will almost surely cost the school its coach.
* The NCAA passed judgment on Oklahoma and Sampson, accepting Oklahoma's self-imposed penalties while adding to Sampson's punishment and verbally eviscerating his integrity.
All of that happened since May 10.