1. USC (11-2) Putting USC at the top is a safe pick because the Trojans annually win their conference, earn a BCS bid and play their best at the end of the season.
2. GEORGIA (11-2) Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno will give the Bulldogs one of the nation's top quarterback/tailback duos.
3. OHIO STATE (11-2) The Buckeyes' title hopes could depend on whether potential first-round picks Vernon Gholston, James Laurinaitis and Malcolm Jenkins stay in school.
4. OKLAHOMA (11-3) Quarterback Sam Bradford will try to build on his outstanding freshman campaign while leading a team that could return as many as 17 starters.
5. MISSOURI (12-2) The Tigers should return three 2007 Rivals.com All-America selections in quarterback Chase Daniel, wide receiver Jeremy Maclin and free safety William Moore.
6. FLORIDA (9-4) You know that offense will rack up some points, but the Gators' defense must get a whole lot better.
7. WEST VIRGINIA (11-2) The Mountaineers hope the expected returns of Pat White, Steve Slaton and Noel Devine on offense will compensate for heavy graduation losses on defense.
8. LSU (12-2) The Tigers lose tons of talent on both sides of the ball, but they have plenty of former four- and five-star prospects ready to replace them.
9. AUBURN (9-4) Auburn's biggest losses are on the sideline, as they must adjust to a new offense and find a replacement for departed defensive coordinator Will Muschamp.
10. CLEMSON (9-4) With so much talent back on offense and defense, the Tigers can't come up short in a big situation again. Can they?
11. KANSAS (12-1) The Jayhawks could be even stronger than they were this season. They'll need to be better now that they no longer avoid Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech.
12. BYU (11-2) If the Cougars beat Washington and UCLA in September, they might not lose all season.
13. VIRGINIA TECH (11-3) The Hokies' hopes of contending for anything beyond an ACC title rest on whether cornerbacks Brandon Flowers and Victor Harris return to school.
14. TEXAS (10-3) The Longhorns are banking on Will Muschamp's arrival to boost a defense that struggled up until its bowl game this season.